BUILDING A LIST
What to do Before Preparing a Seminar Brochure
Before writing a word, do you have all of these items clear in your mind? Use this as a great pre-writing checklist.
The Cover and Mailing Panel
- Title of the Activity.
- Date(s) of the Activity.
- Sponsorship of the Activity - All Organizations and Agencies.
- Location of the Activity.
- Mailing Class - First Class, Third Class, Bulk Rate, Non-Profit.
- Return Address to Appear on the Mailing Panel.
- Indicia on Mailing Panel.
- Local Postmaster's Approval of Mailing Panel and Format of Self-Mailer.
- Full Address to which Form should be Sent.
- All Fees Outlined Clearly and What is Included.
- Cut-Off Date for Advance Registrations.
- Payment Methods Accepted - Check (Payable to Whom?), Money Order, Bill Organization, Charge Card etc...
- All Information Desired on Registrant - Name, Address (Home/Business), Phone (Home/Business), Affiliations, Job Titles/Functions etc.
- Full Information on Location of Activity - Address, Room Number(s), Names etc...
- Date by which Registrations Must Be Received.
- Initial Instructions for Arriving Registrants.
- Statement of Fees and Payment Options.
- Meal Information - Included or Not in Payment.
- Lodging Information - Availability, Names and Addresses to Contact, Rates and Deadlines.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy.
- Available Parking and Cost.
- Direction to the Program Location.
- How to get Further Information.
Body of Promotional Material
- Audience Identification - Specific Primary Target Groups and Secondary Audiences. Include Everyone that would Benefit from the Program.
- Benefits Statement - Why People Should Attend - Why Attend This Program over Another - What will They Get Out of It - What will They Leave With - Why is It Worth the Money.
- Schedule of activities - Chronologically by Day.
- Titles, Sub-Titles and Descriptions of Presentations.
- Speaker's Names and Specific Credentials Relevant to the Seminar.
- List of Planning/Advisory Committee.
- Special Features/Offers - Continuing Education Units, manuals, Certificates, Workshops, Case Studies, Accreditations, etc...