BUILDING A LIST
What Factors to Consider when Obtaining a Mailing List
- Put your customer list on computer.
- Choose a computer company with experience in mailing list maintenance.
- Store the information you'll need on your customer list.
- Before you talk with a mailing list professional, make your own priority list of potential buyers.
- Use key codes to determine which lists brought the most orders or leads.
The questions included here will give you a starting point, a framework for talking with list owners and list professionals. And talkig with list people early on is crucial o your mailing, because if you haven't got an available mailing list, you can't do a mailing.
Ask of Each Mailing List Recommendation:
- Is the buyer of my product or service reachable through this list?
- Is it important to select geographically?
- Should i title address?
- What title will best reach the prospect?
- Is the prospect's sex a factor?
- It is important to select companies by industry?
- Do I want to reach the prospect at home or business?
- When was the list last updated?
- Is company size a factor?
- Is the prospect's age a factor?
- Is the income level of the prospect a factor?