BUILDING A LIST
What Factors Increase Your Chances for Direct Mail Success
Most successful direct mail products and services have not been trail-blazing or original. In fact, they have been deliberately patterned after previous direct mail successes.
- Repeat business
- A proven successful mail order product or service
- A product that can be reliably delivered to the customer
- A high mark-up
- A definable market and a mailing list
- A market big enough to support an ongoing effort
- Is your product or service seasonal?
- Must be completely and carefully described
- Adequate financing