BUILDING A LIST
What are Proven Response Techniques
Here is a checklist of the tried-and-true response devices.
- Ask for the order throughout your mailing package.
- Guide your readers along by saying what to do next.
- Offer the option of responding by mail, by phone or by fax.
- Take credit card orders.
- Include the price.
- Restate your offer in the response device.
- Always include a business reply card or business reply envelope.
- Make reply cards and envelopes postage-paid.
- Follow post office requirements for a business reply card and business reply envelope.
- Sell in your order form.
- Highlight your phone number.
- Prepare your staff for telephone response.
- Have a toll-free "800" number.
- Make the reader do something.
- Use handwritten notes.
- Highlight the word "free."
- Say there's no risk, no obligation.
- Show a picture of your product or free brochure.
- Tell them to "act now!"